Sunday, August 7, 2011

Time to start using my sewing machine!!!!!

So the material that I ordered online to make Finley's crib skirt and bumper finally arrived yesterday!!! I am sooo excited to begin making things for his nursery.  I have a very specific decorating taste for boy nurseries and didnt seem to find that in a ready made set anywhere!! Thanks to the DIY craze and crafty people sharing their secrets, I was able to get an idea of what I wanted to do and the directions on how to do it!!! http://pinterest.com/pin/41750524/ .  Thats the general concept for the bedskirt but in more masculine patterns!! Searched what seemed like to me every single fabric store I could find, I finally entered the scary world of online fabric shopping and had to get extremely creative on how to match my fabrics.  I am very happy to report that the fabrics are even MORE gorgeous in person and match beautifully!!! I think I even got enough fabric to make some pillows for the room to create a theme! I am headed to the store today to pick out thread and ribbon and will hopefully start the project because Geoff is on duty.  I have a fancy shmancy new sewing machine courtesy of my sweet husband for mothers day this year. Im really excited to be making the bedding for Finleys crib. I feel like I am going to appreciate it so much more since I put all the effort into it!!!   Hopefully will have pictures to share soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment